Who Am I?
Most of us suffer from some kind of insecurity. We don't always feel adequate or self confident in every circumstance. This is particularly true
in the spiritual realm. We easily think, "Who am I to approach God and think that he hears me?" We approach prayer on a merit level. If we have
not kept ourselves pure from evil we tend to blame and shame ourselves, even though we know we are forgiven. But prayer is not ever to be based on
our merits, otherwise we'd never be heard by God. We come to God on the merits of Jesus Christ alone.
He atoned for our sins on the cross. He paid them in full. He removed them as far as the east is from the west. He remembers them no more,
not because we did something good to make up for our misbehaviors, but because Jesus paid it all and bought for us a position at his side,
make clean and pure in the blood of the Lamb. We stand complete IN HIM.
How We Look Before The Throne of God
There is a wonderful picture of how we look before the Throne of God in Zechariah 3:1-3
1. Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right side to accuse him.
2. The LORD said to Satan, "The LORD rebuke you, Satan! The LORD, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?"
3. Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel.
4. The angel said to those who were standing before him, "Take off his filthy clothes." Then he said to Joshua, "See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put rich garments on you."
5. Then I said, "Put a clean turban on his head." So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the angel of the LORD stood by.
I am not who I feel like I am. I am not who I think I am. I am not who others think I am. I am what God says I am! Therefore I will not approach the throne of God with
shame and fear. I will come boldly to the throne of grace knowing that God sees his Son, Jesus Christ, living in me making me a new creation. I come to God in JESUS name
not in my own name.
Therefore I will declare His truth concerning me.
"I am the head and not the tail.
I am a victor, not a victim.
I am strong and not weak.
I am a saint, not a sinner.
I am a child of God, not a child of the devil.
I am free, not a slave to sin.
I am clean, not dirty.
I am above and not below.
I am whole, not broken and bruised.
I am rich, not poor.
I am wise, not ignorant.
I am adopted, not abandoned.
I am strong, not weak.
I am kept by the power of God.
I am able, not disabled.
I am seated in heavenly places in Christ.
I am an heir of God. I am a joint heir with Christ.
I am more than a conqueror.
I am a warrior, not a wimp.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
No evil can strike me, and no plague can come near my dwelling.
I am safe and secure, kept in the palm of His hand.
He that began a good work in me will perform it until the day Jesus comes again.
I am a temple of God. I am indwelt and filled with the Holy Spirit.
I am a vessel sanctified and ready for the Master's use."
Rock of Ages
Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law's demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.
Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Saviour, or I die.