How To Use
Positions in Prayer
Places of Prayer
Actions in Prayer
Use Your Authority
Promises of God
Who I Am In Christ
Singing in Prayer
Pray God's Purposes
Protection in Prayer
A Sample Prayer
Bad Prayer Habits
Pray in the Spirit
Cottages of Prayer
Secrets of Prayer
Bowls in Heaven
The Jesus Prayer
Minister "One Another"
Seasons of Prayer
Passion in Prayer
Priority of Prayer
Types of Prayers
Healing and Prayer
Ready to Intercede
Levels of Prayer
24 Stages of Extended Prayer
The Power of Three
Scheduled to Pray
A Prayer Gazebo
Forms and Surveys
Hindrances to Prayer
Changing Bad Habits
Survey of Prayer Disciplines
One Thing I Desire
Behold His Beauty
Desperate For You
Gates of Thanksgiving
Courts of Praise
A Day In Your Courts
I Will Lift My Eyes
12 Step Prayer Plan
A Guide For Intercessory Prayer
Use this 12 Step Prayer Guide to prepare yourself for intercessory prayer with
the First Six Steps of Preparation. Keep it active with open bible to promises and praises,
change your position often, and move about as you pray. Then as we enter into
Intercession we will use the Last Six Steps of Intercession. You may choose to stay
in your room for your prayer time or you may enter one of the rooms prepared for
your intercessory prayer time. Enjoy your prayer time!
How To Use This Guide
- One Hour Daily Prayer - Begin the day quietly before God with the time of preparation. Do not be in a hurry. You should annex a one hour period (either morning, afternoon, or evening)
to be quiet, undistrubed and unhurried before God. When your heart is quiet and prepared then the Six Steps of Intercession.
- Top-of-the Hour, Day-Long Prayer - Begin the morning with 18 minutes in prayer preparation.
Then at the top of every hour, all trough the day, spend three minutes on each consecutive step of intercession.
This can be 12 hours of intercesson spread through the day, or you may choose to do the preparatory steps in the morning,
and the 6 Steps of Intercession in six hours. You will find it rewarding. Set your
wrist watch timer, or an alarm clock for the top of every hour.
- Weekly Cycle of Prayer - Begin every day with the six steps of preparation. Then ONE STEP of intercession for each day of the week.
For example: Monday - Souls, Tuesday - Saints, Wednesday - Sick, Thursday - Ministries, Friday - Missionaries, Saturday - Magistrates
- Weekly Half-Day of Prayer - Each week I try to spend a half-day of fasting prayer with God each Thrusday.
Begin at 6 am and running through 12 noon. Use the Steps spending a half hour on each. You can mix them up rather than doing
them in the consecutive order.
Give yourself a 10 minute break each hour, or a 5 minute break each half hour.
- Monthly Personal Retreat - Every month my goal is to spend a day and a half in intercessory prayer. This is usually the first or last
Monday evening and Tuesday of the month. I go to a local retreat center for an overnight with God so as to have no distractions. Then I use the
Steps of Prayer for 12 hours of intercession - one hour each. I give myself a 10 minute break each hour, and begin each hour with the first three steps.
- Prayer Groups/Partners - With your prayer partner or a small group of people you can walk through the Steps of Prayer together.
Each one offers to God a sentence or two on each Step as the Spirit leads them. It is refreshing.
- Whole Church Prayer Concerts - A concert of prayer is a partial day dedicated to prayer in the church.
See our lessons on Prayer Concerts for a schedule of
AM Concerts or or PM Concerts using the Steps of Prayer.
- Extended Prayer Retreats - An extended prayer retreat is anywhere from a day and a half to three days in intensive prayer.
See our lessons on Prayer Retreats for a variety of scheduling options.